21 Feb You Make A Difference to Kids with T1D
Playing and fundraising in SLAMDiabetes WIFFLE Ball tournaments makes a real difference to kids with T1D and their families. In just one year with your help we’ve accomplished the following:
- Camperships for Kids with T1D: You helped raise over $20,000 in camperships for children in New England to attend camps such as the Barton and Joslin camps;
- First Summer Camp in Vermont: You helped start the first weeklong, overnight camp for children with T1D, to be held at Camp Ta Kum Ta in South Hero, VT August 9-14; more details here;
- T1D Re-Teach at University of Vermont Children’s Hospital: You helped sponsor VCH’s first re-Teach program for 11-14 year-olds and their parents;
- Life After High School at University of Vermont’s Children’s Hospital: Sponsoring VCH’s first program to help high schoolers with T1D and their parents prepare for life away from home;
- SLAMDiabetes Game Changer Scholarships: Beginning in 2015, to be awarded to high school students with T1D in CT, MA, RI, VT and Florida who will be entering college;
- Sam Fuld’s USF Diabetes Sports Camps and Florida Diabetes Camps: Partnering with Oakland A’s left-fielder Sam Fuld, awareness and beginning in 2015, funding support for his USF sports camps for kids with T1D and FCCYD’s camps;
- Outreach and Education with new SLAMDiabetes 3-on-3 Hoops tournaments: the first of which is at Rochambeau Middle School in Oxford, CT with over 200 participants;
- Outreach Partnership with WNBA’s CT Sun: Offering pen pals between girls with T1D who play basketball and CT Sun players; and SLAMDiabetes Night, with free tickets to families and kids with T1D who are experiencing financial or diabetes management difficulties;
- T1D Moms’ Night Out: a model for giving a fun night off for moms of kids with T1D, and funding camperships and SLAMDiabetes Game Changer scholarships.
You really do make a difference. And…we’re just getting started!